Sunday 26 August 2012

Grrr basting spray


I had a disaster with this basting spray. 




I was using quilters calico as a backing, polyester wadding and Moda Bella Solids for a top.  The backing stuck fine to the wadding but the Moda would not adhere to the wadding – at all.  Eventually after hours of trying to redo etc I had to wash the whole lot – 3 times and it was still sticky.  The original size of the piece was between a single and double but after I had trimmed off what I could not salvage  - it is a smallish single.  I have free machine quilted the whole top now and on a brighter note it did smell good after three washes.  I have machine stitched the hexagons to the top and it only needs the binding sewn down and it will be finished.




The back





 A birthday present ready for October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and observations you have regarding my work - good or bad - also- advice readily accepted.