Thursday 24 January 2013

Christmas presents - bit late I know!



I made these bags and pouches as presents and they appear to have been well received. 



They were so quick and easy to make.  I used a thick waterproof lining in some of them.  It is a Cath Kidston dots fabric and I think it is meant for making tablecloths so it was a bit too stiff and unwieldy for the smaller pouches.  I had a thought to use polyester shower curtain material lining for the next batch.  Since then I have seen and bought some waterproof fabric called PUL which looks like it could be the right fabric for the job.  I am going to make another one at the weekend with a little bit of trial and error to get the right mix.   

Happy sewing
LT

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and observations you have regarding my work - good or bad - also- advice readily accepted.