Sunday 13 January 2013

Quilts for Men

Sometimes it can be difficult to source fabric suitable for a quilt for a man, but the collection from Parson Grey (David Butler) named Curious Nature was perfect for a quilt for my brother-in-laws birthday.  He wanted a quilt to use while watching TV - watching all those winter sports makes him feel chilly.  I kept it very simple and used an IKEA fleece blanket as both backing and a size guide.  I used 5" squares of Curious Nature and a plain from Strawberry Fayre of Devon and also the plain for the binding.  I finished it on Christmas Day morning but technically is was not completely finished until last night as the label has now been sewn on and a bonus - the brother-in-law loves it!
From this



to this



First finish of 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and observations you have regarding my work - good or bad - also- advice readily accepted.