Saturday 12 January 2013

2013 already?

After a quick read around quilting blogland I realise I am not the only one suprised that 2012 has gone.  I had a dismal output through 2012 then had a small surge in December making presents.
My aim for 2013 is to finish all the ongoing projects I have and not to start anymore (just yet).  That sounds familar...

The talented ladies at the Sew Its Finished Blog will be there to give me inspiration when looking at all their finished projects.  I am ashamed to admit that many of the items on my 2012 UFO list are being reborn as 2013 listers.  On the plus side I did not add too many and I have grouped some of the projects to make the photography easier.

So here goes my list for Sew Its Finished
Having another turn on the list we have

Lily and Will - now needs unpicking and complete reworking
Red Star and Blue Star - both partly pieced
Scrappy pinwheels - need to get started on a design and piecing
Irish quilt - all cut and ready to go (still- no Irish fairies came out of the cupboards to start it)




Next up are new entries

Bubbles Hanging - started in a workshop and my intention is to convert it to a sewing machine cover.
Clementine applique quilt - born out of an unpicked quilt, another starter that has stalled.
Black bordered, applique and stripe quilt - another recent starter and staller.

Applique hanging/cushion from Sarah Fielke on Craftsy class - quite a recent addition but in danger of becoming a stayer.
Kids Floor Cushion - IKEA furnishing weight fabric purchased - need to cut out and construct.





Some more new entries include

Hexagon Park quilt - stalled at FMQ stage.
Animal stack and whack - getting there slowly with this one.
and the reborn Wedding Ring quilt- this has been through a few reincarnations over the years but it has two personalities at the moment - a scrappy quilt and a muted version.  Two separate quilts at the cutting out stage.  eek!




There it is.  Now compared to some others on the blog my UFO list is more like a short memo!
I have at least  hundred more in my head but thats another story...

Lavinia






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and observations you have regarding my work - good or bad - also- advice readily accepted.