Sunday 2 June 2013

WHIMSY DUVET COVERS

I have cut out all the pieces for my On A Whim (Thimble Blossoms)  top and I shall be making it into a duvet cover instead of a quilt.  I quite fancy making duvet covers for a while but I just wish I had an overlocker...
 
 
I thought I would zig zag each edge as I am not sure what else to do to stop fraying - although I could always sew a layer of muslin type fabric on the back of the pieced top and then make that into the bag.  ah ha sounds like a plan.
As it is a lovely sunny day here on the south coast I need to pretend I am a gardener and go and mow the lawn and things like that.
Hope it is sunny where you are
LT



2 comments:


  1. Buy bedding online from Australia’s best online bedding store, Cotton Affairs, direct from the manufacturer. Cotton Affairs is Australia’s leading retailer of bedding, bath and dining products. Our bedding collection includes a wide range of bedlinen, quilts, quilt covers, sheets, doonas, duvet covers, blankets, bedspreads, pillowcases and more! We can provide you the best online shopping experience. Our selection ranges from the most luxurious Egyptian cotton bed sheets right though to practical quilt and doona covers. All available online for a great price!

    Bed sheets

    ReplyDelete

  2. Bedding N Bath is an Australian-owned family business founded in Sydney, Australia in 1995.
    It specializes in designing, sourcing, and bringing to market a wide diversity of textile homeware products.

    "Bed sheets"

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read any comments and observations you have regarding my work - good or bad - also- advice readily accepted.